Monday, February 10, 2014

As a Single Woman in a metropolitan city

A Creeper which grew with me :-)
               
              

As we say life cannot be described, it is only an experience. We are well taken care by our parents when we are small but as we grow, we expand our sphere and look for a bigger horizon. Life always look great when we get everything in our hand but then again its life, not to be so certain about.
Today people want to move forward, they want to go ahead against all the odds. I came to Calcutta for the same, I know it is Kolkata now but still I am adamant to use Calcutta. I shifted to the city from a small town hardly anyone know about it. The very first place where I lived in was with a group of girls in a paying guest. Life was good as I was going to work and then back to home. Nothing to worry about, everything I was getting on the platter again.
Slowly I moved to a 2 bhk flat with three flat mates. Everything was good again for the time being but gradually started the problems for taking over the responsibilities and so on. Then one by one started moving on from the house for peace. We did not imagine that this will happen but it is life again.
I was left with one girl in a big house and financially it was too much on us. There was work pressure and home pressure as well. Looking after everything was not a game play. It was too much responsibilities in a single head indeed. Then there was a decision popped up in my head that I will move and stay in a house all of my own without leaving the fear of ghosts and darkness. In life, you only need guts and determination, other things comes automatically.
To find a house in a city is as difficult as finding a groom for yourself. Going out with a broker was not so easy and being a single woman looking for a house is no sweet cup of coffee. People are still hollow when it comes to women. But then women understands women well that worked in my case and here this girl, a Cancerian by zodiac moved in a small sweet 1 bhk house with a 11 months agreement. Initially the journey was tough but hard work pays off. I started liking the life. You are into yourself. you are the mother, you are the father. life was around me. Everything was me. To be frank I never liked staying in a crowd, so for me this period was near God. This is the emotion which flowed inside me rather whoever lived a life-like this. But when it comes to the responsibilities, it was really too much. Yes, but this is what I desired. I am still staying in the same house renewing my live and license agreement.
I understand one thing after staying alone all of my own is that you have to look up to yourself. If you are right in your action and behavior, no body in the society can point a finger at you. Single is not a punishment but it is the choice of an individual.



No comments: